Tuesday, August 18, 2009

[Hot Toys - June'09] Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer



My no.50 12-inch. Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer (Arnold Schwarzenegger), is the hero in the movie "Predator" directed by John McTiernan. I love the punch line - "Soon The Hunt Will Begin".

I rented this movie back in 1987 and at that time still in video tape. I still remembered I watched this movie with my dad. And while watching the movie, I though this is another combat movie and Arnie is the super commando who can kill hundreds of enemies all by himself. And true enough, the story started about an elite team led by Dutch, on a mission to rescue hostages from a guerrilla group. The team wiped out the whole camp within minutes...Yeah, yeah..

Then things starting to become more interesting when there is "someone else" in the jungle is stalking them and observing them using thermal imaging. And this "someone else" is a Predator (Alien)!!!!! Cool!!! Is Human vs Alien!!! Yay!

Dutch's teammates were killed one after another and the final showdown between Dutch and Predator...Guess what?? Dutch kicked the Predator's ass. Predator pissed and blew himself up (Kamikaze style)!!! But too bad, Dutch survived..Kekekekeke...

Back to this figure. The headsculp is superb and Hot Toys has nailed it again!!! The best Arnie headsculp that I have ever seen!! Hot Toys also created a new muscular body with an improved arm articulation just for him. Great!!!

Initialy I wanted to pose him without the khaki jacket and after removing the jacket, I changed my mind immediately. Let sticked back with the jacket. Gah! C'mon Hot Toys, what'sup with the neck, man?? Can't you see the neck is too long???!?!? My goodness...

Close-up on Dutch's constipation look...LOL!










The M16A1 assault rifle with mounted M203 40mm grenade launcher that he used in the movie.




Camo pants and his "victory" cigar!! XD










This is my no. 6th Predator-related 12-inch.

The following is my current Predator-related collection:
1. Predator 1 - Predator
2. Predator 1 - Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer
3. Predator 2 - Predator (Battle Demanged Version)
4. Predator 2 - Elder Predator
5. Alien Vs Predator (AVP) - She Predator Machiko
6. AVP Requiem - Predator (Cleaner Kit Version)

The following is my wanted list (Predators):
1. AVP - Scar Predator (very very very ex!!!)
2. AVP - Celtic Predator (very very ex!!!)
3. AVP - Chopper Predator (very ex!!!)
4. AVP - Elder Predator (ex!!!)
5. Predator 2 - Lost Predator (still affortable!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home