Thursday, September 17, 2009

[Hot Toys - Jan'09] Iron Man Mark III



My no. 46 12-inch. Iron Man is one of my favourite superhero from Marvel. I watched the Iron Man movie (directed by Jon Favreau) at least 5 to 6 times and I still watch it when I'm free. Casting Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark is a spot-on.

The following conversation was taken from the movie, where he was interviewed by a female reporter, Christine.
Tony: "My old man had a philosophy, peace, means having a bigger stick than the other guy."
Christine: "That is a great line from a guy selling sticks!"
Kekekekekeke...

I'm sure Hot Toys will be releasing more Iron Man as well as War Machine when the sequel, Iron Man 2 releases in 2010. Soon all the Iron Man fans out there will have a legion of Iron Man....kekekekeke..

I was wondering, does Hot Toys has any plans to release the Iron Monger? I need a bad-dy for my Iron Mans......but so far still no news from them.... :(

Ok, back to Mark III and yes!! Is another excellent figure!! Top-notch paint job making the metalic red armor suit looks solid and metalish. Lots of details all over the armor suit (with rivets and screws) especially when you open up the calves' plate covers, you can see wires and the internal mechanics as well!!!

This Mark III has the light up feature (for his chest arc reactor, eyes & palms), the ability to engage flight mode where you can open the air flaps at the back of his body and deploying rocket launchers on his forearms. Superb!!

As for the face sculp, still have a lot of areas for improvement. Probably 70% likeness of Robert if compare to "Dutch" and Hellboy.

Hot Toys should have made Mark III a 13-inch figure to make it more scale-accurate. Afterall, it is an armor suit for a 12-inch right??
















































Tony Stark's nickname, "The Merchant of Death". COOooool...And YES!!! I finally found his shades!! Nice~~~~




Anyway, I have 1 more Iron Man Mark III coming in soon. I have pre-ordered the Mark III (Battle Damaged Version) which is targeting to be released in December 2009. Well done Hot Toys, you are milking my money again.... Great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home