Monday, September 28, 2009

[Hot Toys - Jan'09] Joker



Why so serious?

My no. 42 12-inch. This is the perfect 2-in-1 version Joker, (suit from Original version and headsculp from Bank Robber version) and he is one of my all time favourite!!!!

After seeing the DX Version, to be honest, I'm not tempted at all. Well maybe a just little bit because of the Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS). I will not buy another same Joker just because of PERS. I would rather use the moolah to buy some other figures. 2 Jokers is more than enough for me. Kekekekek...

I have to set a policy here...no more than 2 versions of a same character in my collection...

I love the whole outfit. Is very fitting and it doesn't look bulky even wearing 3 layers of clothes. No doubt there are slight improvement from DX version as well. But I still I can live without it.


Moroni calls him a "two-bit whackjob, wears cheap purple suit and makeup"...


In the movie, he has 2 versions of story on how he got the scars....;)

The version that he told Gambol (one of the mob)
You wanna know how I got these scars? My father was a drinker and a fiend. And one night, he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn’t like that, not one bit. So me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turn to me and he says: “Why so serious?” He comes at me with the knife and says: “Why so serious?” He sticks the blade in my mouth and says: “Let’s put a smile on that face…”

The version that he told Rachel (a.k.a Harley's squeeze..kekekekeke)
You look nervous. Is it the scars? You wanna know how I got them? So I had a wife. She was beautiful, like you, who tells me I worry too much, who tells me I ought to smile more, who gambles and gets in deep with the sharks. One day, they carve her face and we have no money for surgeries. She can’t take it. I just want to see her smile again. I just want her to know that I don’t care about the scars. So I stick a razor in my mouth and do this to myself. And you know what? She can’t stand the sight of me. She leaves. Now I see the funny side, now I’m always smiling..






























This is the original headsculp.... after seeing the re-sculpted version, the original headsculp is totally unacceptable!!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home