Tuesday, September 22, 2009

[Hot Toys - Jan'09] Batman (The Dark Knight Costume)



"Is not what I am underneath but what I do that defines me. (from Batman Begins)"

My no. 44 12-inch. Within the same month, I bought this figure (from Hong Kong), the Bat-Pod and both Joker versions (Normal version and Bank Robber Version). I can't resist this Batman series from Hot Toys no more especially after seeing the prototype of Bank Robber Joker.

Hot Toys is going to release DX version of Joker (Police Officer Version) and Batman. I don't think I will be getting the DX Joker unless it sweep me of the feet when I see the real thing. I'm not interested in the police costume and I didn't see much improvement from the previous versions except the Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS). As for the DX Batman, yupe, I gave in and I have preordered it. How can I not buy him with so many new features and accessories added to this figure such as PERS, Solar Vision (light-up eyes), interchangable face expression, transformable sticky bomb gun, back pack and, most importantly, a newly sculpted and developed Batman complex suit!!! Yay baby...

Not much complaint for this figure except the little beer tummy (a little too fat to my liking) and the limited neck articulation (can't really bend downwards). I saw a lot of people on the modifying it and I hope the new DX version will solve this problem.

Again, this figure comes with additional headsculp of Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne. Err..probably 60% likeness of Christian Bale but much better than the one comes from the previous Batman, the Original Costume version. I bought a men suit and a TrueType body to have him standing side-by-side with Batman for display. That is what everyone has been doing anyway...

I'm still contemplating whether to get Harvey Dent (Two Face) to complete the villain characters for this series. Well..I can always wait for the price to drop further then decide. Not a die-die-must-get figure to me. ;)

I was wondering...any chance Hot Toys will produce Jim Gorden and Fox???...


Copycat: We’re trying to help.
Batman: I don’t need help.
Copycat: What gives you the right? What’s the different between you and me?
Batman: I’m not wearing hockey pads.
LOL!!!




A so called "Harden kelvar plates over titanium-dipped tri-weave fibres" suit design by Fox.




























Next I will be reviewing my Jokers...... X)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home